Sunday, August 5, 2007

New Work in Progress

Stayed up until almost 2 AM last night to work on some of the ideas mentioned in my last post and here are the photos:

I dyed and tie-dyed strips of jersey knit fabric in Fall colors:
101_1796.JPG

Then I cut two sizes of circles and one leaf, and sewed two together using a zig zag stitch. Here are some of them (not done yet):
101_1794.JPG

I will then make flowers out of the circles using a cool button for the center, and arrange on the dress hem or somewhere else, not sure yet, and sew on:
101_1797.JPG

And here is the same concept using a print cotton fabric. The buttons on these are from Italy, from a friend's grandmothers collection. Not sure I'm ready to part with those but I have had them in a bag forever:
101_1800.JPG

101_1798.JPG

3 comments:

BeckyKay said...

Very cute! Love those little flowers!

Morrgan said...

The red ones look like poppies from my parents' garden. Very pretty. :)

Sewing Geek said...

Hey, yes, I finally realized they were poppy-like and added that as a keyword. I'm a huge poppy fan myself.