Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The Handmade Pledge

I've been wanting to do this for awhile, highlight some of the amazing products I've purchased from other Etsy sellers and brag on them! So here goes. I use the excuse of Christmas gifts and hoping my family doesn't read my blog, I don't think they do.

For my 13 year old niece who is into dragons and fairies (or faeries):
A shirt from Poison Apple
poisonappleshirts

and a print by Jasmine Becket-Griffith
strangeling

For another neice who likes earrings, from BINAGEYER
BINAGEYER

For my Mother from Back Home Again
backhomeagain

and for my sister, body butter from A Breath of French Air
abreathofrenchair

And I have not yet decided who this will go to, from Foliage, hand soap! Love this!
foliage

A little gift for me from Pikapeeks in France, a little sampling of products from Provence
pikapeeks2
I just have to copy the description from the shop so you know why I bought this:

This cute little embroidered canvas bag is hand-made from my home in the South-of-France, where I live in an old village called Vence (which is 15 km from Nice, France). Each bag includes vintage french treasures which I have purchased at a local weekly market held in our town square. The treasures included are perfect for various crafty projects, and for yourself to enjoy. And once the bag is empty, it makes a great french vase.

This bag contains the following:
- 1 french vintage square hankie
- 1 french white vintage hand embroidered napkin (has a tiny little stain on the right)
- 2 chewy french candies
- 1 L'Occitane cream
- 1 L'Occitane cream sunscreen
- 1 blue nail file
- 1 teapot magnet
- 1 fat quarter of blue french fabric
- 1 white vintage cotton ribbon 10" wide
- 2 yards of blue thin rick rack
- 1 yard of cream lace
- 8 blue vintage buttons


And lastly, a little gift for my shop! More fabric to sew from Lara Cameron at Kirin & Co This pattern is called bulokku and I got it in each color so I can mix and match the fabrics. See her shop for photos.
It's a wonderful linen/cotton blend fabric, yummy to sew.

I hope you check out these shops. I still have more shopping to do, off I go!

No comments: