Monday, July 9, 2007

Dig It!

A few years ago I designed this patch for the boys (or any girls who like big machinery). It's called Dig It for the crane design. Last night

I did a new dye batch on some toddler size t-shirts using low water immersion dying which I love. You put the dry material in a plastic watertight bag (I use gallon size Ziploc) mix the dye with water and urea which retards the drying, and spoon the dye colors onto the dry cloth in the bag. You can also use squeeze bottles but that seems to take too much effort so I just use the spoon method, or you can dribble it from the dye container.

Anyway, the result is that you get the individual dye colors, the blended and some white background. Here is the result:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And the patches that will go on soon:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And here is one of my models in a thermal long sleeve version of Dig It on solid orange:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: